1. My brother came home this week!!! He has been gone for two whole years, serving a mission for our church. We haven't seen him the whole time and had just four phone calls and weekly emails. So it was GREAT to facetime with him, and I can't wait to see him again.
2. Luke likes to wear this knight's helmet from the dress up bin. I asked him if he was my knight in shining armor. He ran to sit by his sister and said "No, I elsie's knight! Elsie a pwincess".
As one of my goals as his mother is to teach him to properly respect women and girls, I felt like I'd just gotten a trophy. I love that he is always trying to protect her "you okay, elsie gorl? You kay? you sad? Here, hold it my hand".) One day he won't be rushing to her side because she's fallen backwards, but maybe because she skinned her knee, or a kid at school teased her, or maybe some boy broke her heart. Siblings, man. They're the best.
3. I ordered l&e matching christmas pj's (boy/girl versions), and I'm absurdly excited to see their matching little red-and-white striped bums on christmas morning. (p.s. oshkosh)
4. Elsie bought Luke the lion king as a gift when she was born, and lately he is SO into watching it. Over and over and over on the ipad. He found his dad's old lion king toys and has been play acting with them. And he quotes the movie. This part is his favorite- he puts his arms up like the hyenas and whispers "mufasa!" and waits for us to shiver. It is hilarious.
5. And just a general public service announcement: target has a sea salt caramel hot chocolate AND a coconut macaroon hot chocolate that are amazing- archer farms. pass the whipped cream please.