6.20.2013

big boy bed adventures

We've upgraded Luke to a toddler bed. I guess he's really growing up now. My plan was to transition him to the bed at night, and keep him in his pack and play (since the crib went to Elsie) for naps. He couldn't open the door knobs in this house, so we thought it was the perfect time to start.

He did so amazingly well the first night, that I thought I would try him out in the bed for his nap the next afternoon. I thought I'd record it, just so I could see, and I'm glad I did. I've never shared videos on this blog before, but it was so funny, I couldn't help myself. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. I gave him about 1 1/2 hours, and then into the pack and play he went.


and p.s. It took him one full day to figure out the door knobs. (we put those safety door knob covers on the inside of his door and that does the trick. he's been great at night!)

3 comments:

  1. Love this! Olivia is still in a crib and we don't plan to transition her until we move in to our new place in September (hopefully we find a place by then!). But instead of trying to climb out of her crib like a lot of kids, she tries to climb IN (she just loves nap time) I'm worried about her just wandering around the house at night or something crazy when she's in a toddler bed. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA! Hilarious! I loved seeing him jump around the bed and wiggle behind it. What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahhahahaha, toddlers are such busy bodies huh? He is so cute!!! This makes me wonder what my little man does!! And can we give a big shout out to kid safety door knobs?!?! We used those for out tike last year and life is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete

share your lovely thoughts with me!

I love responding to your comments via email. Please make sure your email is linked to your profile (double check! if you have google+ sometimes it does crazy things and unlinks your email!) :)