4.16.2013

cilantro lime chicken salad

we've had some b-e-a-utiful weather lately (75!) and it's had me craving some yummy salads.
Plus Trav is on another healthy-eating-and-working-out kick, so it works.

 photo salad_zpsf6f0e383.jpg


cilantro lime chicken salad
(serves two)

you need:
1 Romaine head, chopped
1 chicken breast
1/2 c. corn
1/2 cucumber, chopped 
1-2 handfuls of dry roasted peanuts

dressing:
3 TB vinegar
3 TB olive oil
1 TB honey
1 TB soy sauce
1 t. finely minced garlic
1 t. red pepper flakes
1 handful cilantro, chopped
lime juice*

I cooked the chicken in a little olive oil and seasoned with some minced garlic, salt, black pepper, and chachere's

(*I used the juice of three limes...I started with two, but they weren't very juicy and it didn't add as much flavor as I wanted, so I juiced a third, and it was perfect. If your limes are juicer, use less!)

Toss the salad ingredients together and drizzle with the dressing.

(I think it would be yummy with avocados...I was going to add some, but turned out mine went bad. boo.)

2 comments:

  1. Okay I have everything but the cucumber and cilantro! I think I'll have to pick those two items up today so this can be dinner (I seriously had green salad with chicken written down and I was just going to throw in whatever I had in the fridge!)

    ReplyDelete

share your lovely thoughts with me!

I love responding to your comments via email. Please make sure your email is linked to your profile (double check! if you have google+ sometimes it does crazy things and unlinks your email!) :)