3.22.2013

five fact friday

1. Luke spent about twenty minutes trying to put on his snow boots, before begging me to put them on for him. I asked him where he was going, and he said "to the snow. go to werk, snow". He then brought me my boots, asked for his "coat-coat", and waited by the door. We went outside, and he was a little disappointed to see that there wasn't any snow ("oh no! No snow! what happened? It gone!"). It was drizzling instead, but he still had fun running around our backyard. 
 photo CEB5743E-6669-4009-AD0A-EFBC8E5C13E4-38211-00004322D6F76082_zpsc6e1c974.jpg

2. I grabbed some apples as we were finishing up our grocery shopping this week, and Luke got really excited. "ooooo-oooh! Ap-ples! A bite? I need a bite?" Normally, I seriously frown on grocery store eating (especially produce that's sold by weight), but this kid has literally not taken a single bite of ANY type of fruit since his first birthday, sooo, I handed him an apple (not thinking he'd really eat it). He went to town for a few minutes saying, "mmm, dis good!" before chucking it to the ground at the check out. (don't worry, I paid for it). And that was it. I'm still shocked.
 photo 8CB19817-F3D7-46F1-A7F4-44C9EF3E9DE2-38945-0000443DC3157E71_zps02a9edc4.jpg photo 4DFD8696-850B-46B5-B553-0E7AA1687D97-38945-0000443DCB31576F_zpse1d85f78.jpg

3. We set up the pack-n-play  by our bed this week. It's all ready for baby girl.
I know it would take two seconds to put up after we got home from the hospital, 
but I feel like I sleep better knowing it's ready. #nestingproblems
 photo B568E280-E5FF-4CFD-A57B-D8331CA3633F-40025-000046599CF7DD43_zpsaeb8a6ed.jpg

4. Luke had one of those terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days this week. (It was a good thing I was in good spirits and could laugh the whole way through). Poor kid threw a fit at my doctor's office because couldn't play trains as long as he wanted to (he seriously gets in the elevator and yells, "Treens! Here I come Treens!" and books it to the train set as soon as the doors open. The nurses always laugh). Then we headed to target to pick up a few things...He threw an enormous hamper out of the cart, chucked my phone on the floor (no shows!), emptied the diaper bag (twice), and tossed the nursing bra I was buying into someone else's cart. Then he laid down in the cart and told me he was going "nigh nigh". Yeah. We both needed a nap after that adventure bud. I was a teensy bit embarrassed, but also found it kind of humorous. 
 photo DB316BE8-8901-4685-BBB0-3574ABD3EE6B-39415-0000453BD6AB4021_zps041d872f.jpg

5. Speaking of nursing bras- which kinds do you like? I can't find ANY of mine (okay, I have one) ANYWHERE. And I know I've looked everywhere because I have cleaned this house from top to bottom soooo, guess they got lost in the move? 


6 comments:

  1. Oh Luke! I just love him! Sounds like it was quite an eventful week :) In that first picture he has a Tay Face expression ;)

    About nursing bras...In the beginning with engorgement and such I used these sleep bras: http://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=975400361&MasterCategory_Id=MC29
    If the link doesn't work, they are Motherhood Maternity Wrap Nursing Sleep Bras.
    I still sleep in them every night.
    For a regular day bra after engorgement I use Bravado nursing bras. http://www.amazon.com/Bravado-Seamless-Nursing-Medium-Black/dp/B00B5WR1AE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363972909&sr=81&keywords=bravado+nursing+bra
    If they link doesn't work, I bought them on Amazon and they are Bravado Designs Body Silk Seamless Nursing Bras.
    They are a little pricey, but so worth it, for me anyway. They are comfortable, and I never have to worry about it being too tight and causing clogged ducts or mastitis- which I have experienced, so it's a worry of mine. Hope you find something that works well for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on the apple Luke!! Olivia has started asking for carrots (she likes the cooked) and I'm so glad that she's willingly eating SOME vegetable. It was touch and go for awhile there!

    I have these nursing bras: (http://www.target.com/p/gilligan-o-malley-women-s-2-pack-nursing-sleep-bra-assorted-colors-patterns/-/A-14055275#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=nursing+bra), but now that I have the hang of nursing (I know I'm not going to give up) its probably time to shell out some cash for some REAL bras! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just say I love reading your five facts every Friday? Thanks for blogging, I love it.
    And, let's hear it for BRAVADO BODY SILK SEAMLESSSSSSSSSSSSS. I want to never wear another bra again, nursing or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hearing what Luke says. hahahaha. And, he is just beautiful. I hope Elodie is as hilarious as he is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luke is seriously the most hilarious kid! I love hearing all the funny and adorable things he said! I am not excited for tantrums though! I just hope that I can find them humorous as well! :] And I bought two nursing bras and didn't really like either of them so I'm no help there. I just wear my normal bras {except for a little bigger} and pull them down...it might ruin them eventually but so far they've held up. I don't buy super expensive bras so I'm not very worried about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite are the nursing tank tops from Target. They are comfy to sleep in, it covers your tummy which means any shirt over it is instantly a nursing shirt.

    ReplyDelete

share your lovely thoughts with me!

I love responding to your comments via email. Please make sure your email is linked to your profile (double check! if you have google+ sometimes it does crazy things and unlinks your email!) :)