2.25.2013

the cake

by popular demand, I'm going to share Trav's birthday cake recipe with you!
It's pretty amazingly delicious and I hate cake. 
I do like this one though, especially because it's a bundt cake, and we had bundt cake for our wedding cake.
aww.

chocolate chip walnut bundt cake

1 small pkg instant vanilla pudding
1 box yellow cake mix
1 c. sour cream (about 8 oz)
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
3.4 c. vegetable oil
1 c. chopped walnuts
1 cup choc. chips

(I never actually measure out the nuts or chocolate chips)
Mix together and pour batter into a greased bundt pan
bake at 350* for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean

allow to cool, then flip over and remove from bundt pan.

icing:
2 c. powdered sugar
1 TB butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
3 TB cocoa powder
2-4 TB milk

mix the above ingredients and slowly stagger the milk. I add a TB at a time until I get it to the consistency I want it. If you want more of a glaze, add more milk (more than the 4 TB I mean). If you want a thicker frosting, stick with less milk. I usually find 4 to be perfect for me.
frost your cake, and then if you like, sift a bit of powdered sugar on top.
Just to fancy it up a little bit...I mean, we did just use a box cake mix here.
 Top it with vanilla ice cream, and it's just perfect.

1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing and is totally a cake I could handle making! Haha. I just need to get my hands on a bundt cake pan!

    ReplyDelete

share your lovely thoughts with me!

I love responding to your comments via email. Please make sure your email is linked to your profile (double check! if you have google+ sometimes it does crazy things and unlinks your email!) :)