1.18.2013

five fact friday

1. My dad came to visit us last weekend. It was probably the highlight of Luke's life- or at least he acted like it. He invented this game to play with his pop-pop and Luke was laughing so hard he couldn't even stand up. It was hilarious. I have literally never seen him laugh that hard, ever.
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

2. Plus, my dad came bearing gifts of German chocolate, straight from the motherland (can't believe my family was willing to part with a few bars!) and some of my old baby clothes. Really excited to see baby girl in them.
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone AppUploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

3. So this happened this week. Yuck. Actually it wasn't quite as bad as I remembered- it helped that this bottle was literally half the size of the one I had to drink with Luke. So I was feeling pretty good about it, until Kate told me she just had a small little cup! And then I remembered that some doctors give out candy bars instead. Lucky girls :)
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

4. Pregnancy fatigue is kicking my trash this week. After a particularly rough day with Luke, Trav sent me a text to let me know that he would be gone in the evening for some church things. I totally lost it, and requested some chocolate ice cream bars to get me through. That good man delivered. I think I'll keep him.
(I ate three that night, but we'll pretend I didn't)
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

5.Luke is pretty hilarious these days- he has developed a real little imagination.
He had a 45 minute conversation last night in his crib with his Elmo and Ernie dolls, and I was dying outside his door.
"oh, Nernie! 'ow are you? You good? Heyyyy Nelmo! You hap-py? I so hap-py. A bite? A bite Nernie? It's good. It's not hot. Mmmmm, good! Oh, a hug?"


2 comments:

  1. I love when you tell Luke stories. I'm dying over that conversation between Elmo and Ernie. "A bite Nernie?" hahaha. My mom brought some of my baby clothes for Elodie, but I was a much fatter baby. She's going to have to wait quite a bit before she can fit into any of them. ha. My blessing dress is ginormous on her :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luke's conversation is so cute. I love that he assured his friend the food wasn't hot. It's the important things like that you have to be sure of :)

    And I've heard so many horror stories of the glucose drink. NOT excited to do that one day!

    ReplyDelete

share your lovely thoughts with me!

I love responding to your comments via email. Please make sure your email is linked to your profile (double check! if you have google+ sometimes it does crazy things and unlinks your email!) :)