12.20.2012

it's not christmas without...


I've asked a few of my fellow bloggers to share some of their favorite Christmas traditions with you.
Activities or recipes, these are things that, to them, make it really feel like Christmas.
Because everyone knows, it's just not christmas with out ___  

Here's Megan sharing her favorite cookie recipe. I love that she is passing on this memory from her childhood to her son. Those kinds of traditions are extra special.



Merry Christmas!! 
My name is Megan from {And here's to you, Mrs. Robinson}. I'm very grateful to Rachel for letting me share one of my favorite recipes today. When I think of baking for the holidays, I always think of my mom's yummy recipes and helping her in the kitchen. One of my favorite recipes to help my mom make were Snickerdoodles and it's one that I can already tell my son loves to help out with as well.  

This recipe is adapted from the Lion House Cookbook.

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup butter, softened
2 1/2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 T. water
6 cups flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

+ plus one cute little helper! 

DIRECTIONS: 
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In medium bowl, mix 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon; set aside. 
3. In large mixing bowl, combine butter and 2 1/2 cups sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs, vanilla, and water; beat until fluffy. 
5. Add flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt, turning mixer on and off in quick bursts at low speed until flour is nearly blended in. Continue mixing at medium speed until well mixed.


 6. Make sure your helper approves of the dough

7. Shape dough by rounded tablespoonfuls & roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture. 
8. Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 9 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 5 dozen 3-inch cookies.
And makes for one happy boy! 

Thank you for letting me share one of my favorite cookie recipes with you today!
I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season filled with lots of love, happiness, and sugary treats. :)


2 comments:

  1. I love snickerdoodles and her helper is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for letting me post!! Hope you had a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

share your lovely thoughts with me!

I love responding to your comments via email. Please make sure your email is linked to your profile (double check! if you have google+ sometimes it does crazy things and unlinks your email!) :)