12.18.2012

it's not christmas without...


I've asked a few of my fellow bloggers to share some of their favorite Christmas traditions with you.
Activities or recipes, these are things that, to them, make it really feel like Christmas.
Because everyone knows, it's just not christmas with out ___  

Today we have Cassie sharing some delicious holiday chocolates (um, yum. Adding these to my list of "pregnancy" cravings). I love Cassie's blog- I stalked her for awhile before discovering she is my brother-in-law's cousin! how funny!




Hey "Her Threaded Needle" Readers! I am so happy to be here to talk about a fun Christmas Family Tradition!  What a great idea by Rachel to showcase on her blog.


When Rachel asked me, I knew exactly what I wanted to talk about.  One of my favorite family Christmas traditions is our homemade chocolate making.  My Grandma started us on it one year and it became an annual tradition we all looked forward to.  Throughout the years it has become quite the event; sometimes taking two whole days to finish and making hundreds and hundreds of hand-dipped chocolates.  We are becoming quite the chocolatiers if I do say so myself.  There was a time when I was only allowed to dip pretzels and nuts and got "cut" from the fondant team because my skills were just not up to par!  

We make all different types of fondant days before including mint, olympian cream, coconut, almond and strawberry.  Then on "Chocolate Day" we start melting the amazing milk chocolate, getting it to the prefect temperatures, preparing the sheets and boxes and cups.  Then we roll, dip, garnish and eat  all day!


Of course we love to eat chocolate all day and make them pretty so we can give them as gifts to neighbors, teachers and friends, but the best part is just putting on the Christmas music, catching up with all my cousins and family and spending the day together to kick off the holiday season! 

 I have such great memories of our chocolate dipping days and it always reminds me of my Grandma.  

This is something I want to continue doing forever and ever and can't wait till my kids are old enough to enjoy it and participate.  



Thanks again Rachel for having me.

Happy Holidays!

(Thanks to my cousin Nicki for the gorgeous pictures)

1 comment:

  1. How cute are these chocolates!! What a fun tradition! :-) Xo

    ReplyDelete

share your lovely thoughts with me!

I love responding to your comments via email. Please make sure your email is linked to your profile (double check! if you have google+ sometimes it does crazy things and unlinks your email!) :)