11.30.2012

five fact friday

oooh, what a week.

1. Sometimes Luke is terribly naughty and I just want to call him WILD THING and send him to bed without his supper. We have a growing collection of ornaments on our kitchen table (he thinks they're cookies), and our tree? she's practically naked by now. Also he broke my mirror Wednesday.
oops.
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone AppUploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

2. And bath time. ooooohhh, bath time. He thinks it's the best thing ever to toss his toys out, and then hop out of the tub and throw them back in. Repeat. We cannot keep this kid in the bath. We were cleaning up dinner one night this week, and turned around to see a little naked tush running around the corner back into the bathroom. He had grabbed his giant blue ball from the living room, tossed it into the tub and cheered,
"YEAH! Yay Yukie! I got a ball". He was so pleased with himself.
Photobucket

3.but golly. He redeems himself for all his naughtiness by being so dang cute. If we put him in time out, he sits down and says, "otay. I sit." Then he will pause and throw his arms out wide and say in the sweetest voice, "hug?" How is a  mama supposed to resist that? When we say, no, you need to sit for one minute, he repeats the cycle. He just melts me.
(I'll eat you up, I love you so)
Photobucket

4. Christmas is going to be so fun with him this year. Buying and wrapping his presents is so exciting for us.
So is telling him about the Christmas story. He thinks we've got it all wrong, and it really looked like this:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone AppUploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

5. And I'll leave you with this face. This face that can't possibly be naughty.
We facetime my mom in the mornings (he yells for "mamaw! mamaw!"), and this morning she didn't answer right when we called. I told Luke we would have to wait a minute for mamaw to call us back...he leaned his chin on his hand and sighed. "otay."
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

7 comments:

  1. That last pic needs to be in a frame ASAP. Boys are so naughty and so fun. Mine is almost 7 and still loves his mommy and drives her nuts in equal amounts every week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an amazing post! You gave me insight into one of my fav books ever. You really illustrated "I'll eat you up, I love you so" line so vividly for me :) That is so sweet that he will sit for time-out. I might venture to say that Luke might be more mischievous than Taylor, but he is much much less stubborn. Drama, drama, and more drama when that girl doesn't get her way...extremely strong-willed. I have so much to learn from you! You are an amazing mama :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last picture of lukey is ADORABLE>>>ADORABLE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last picture of lukey is ADORABLE>>>ADORABLE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I swear, that little face could melt the hardest heart.
    No wonder you have a problem with keeping up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. He melts my heart every time I hear Mamaw! He is the greatest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwww, too precious! i know you're enjoying these moments.

    ReplyDelete

share your lovely thoughts with me!

I love responding to your comments via email. Please make sure your email is linked to your profile (double check! if you have google+ sometimes it does crazy things and unlinks your email!) :)