8.03.2012

sick boy

no five facts today. instead I bring you greetings from the doctor's office!

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App


Luke woke up at 4 am crying.
I gave him some milk and went back to bed.
20 minutes later he was crying again- and his cup was empty.
I poured him some more milk, and was a little frustrated.
I went to tuck him back in and realized his skin was on fire.
poor baby had a fever.
(cue instant mama guilt for being frustrated)

The only other time he has had a fever was when he had strep throat in March.
(take a moment to appreciate how little hair he had a mere 4 1/2 months ago! Thank you, please continue)
That time I let the nurses tell me he was fine for four days before I finally brought him in.
This time, I took a page out of my own book and insisted he get a strep culture done.
They could tell the fever was coming from his throat but "it wasn't red enough to be strep".
I had them do the culture anyway.
It was strep.

KA-POW. Holy empowerment, Batman!
I felt like I just performed some motherhood jiu-jitsu or something.
It felt so awesome to trust my instincts and be right!
It's nice that I'm starting to figure my kid out and see a pattern.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone AppUploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

So we're loaded up with some amoxicillin Lukie and some coke for mama.
(We didn't get a lot of sleep after 4 am. But, there is something extra special about cuddling a small boy in the dark of the night while you soothe his fevered brow, is there not? It is the best, I declare.)
We're going to hunker down and watch a lot of Sesame Street this weekend.
Hope yours is strep free; see you next week.

3 comments:

  1. Hopefully your little guy gets feeling better soon!

    xx
    Dearest Lou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, poor little guy. I hope he gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! I hope he gets better fast. And I would feel empowered after that too! Haha. Have fun cuddling your sweet boy this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

share your lovely thoughts with me!

I love responding to your comments via email. Please make sure your email is linked to your profile (double check! if you have google+ sometimes it does crazy things and unlinks your email!) :)