6.13.2012

we're goin' to the zoo

 
 This orangutang made himself a tinfoil hat

We took the boy to the zoo this weekend. (sidenote: tell me I'm not the only one who gets this song stuck in my head every time I think of the zoo)

This was probably the best zoo we've been to. It was much smaller than the Denver or Bronx zoos we went to growing up, so it was easy to see everything with a small boy in one afternoon. Luke's favorite animals were the kangaroos and the seven dingo babies running around the pen. He got to feed geese, and pet cows and goats, and almost got his fingers bitten by an angry ostrich. In short, he loved it.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

As we ended our afternoon, we stopped in to the "Indiana Farm" petting zoo portion. I took Luke in to pet the goats.
Photobucket
After a few minutes I noticed something...funny. I realized that this stupid goat has stuck his head up my skirt and was nibbling on my underwear.ON MY UNDERWEAR. I pushed that nosy goat out of my business and we went to the other side of the pen.

Photobucket
After that, the same stupid goat (he probably had devil eyes) tried to eat my skirt. I was then forced to engage in a tug of war battle with a goat over my skirt. Other people probably saw my unmentionables. Eventually I managed to tear my skirt from the goats mouth...but not before he puked on it. Ha. It was probably the grossest thing ever. Luckily, I was able to scrub it out at the nearby hand washing station.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. That kangaroo was straight up pippin' :)

    I love the zoo...but goat puke? I would have died...I almost got spit on by a camel once. I would have died then too.

    ReplyDelete

share your lovely thoughts with me!

I love responding to your comments via email. Please make sure your email is linked to your profile (double check! if you have google+ sometimes it does crazy things and unlinks your email!) :)