5.13.2012

he calls me "mama"

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
I've been this boy's mama for 499 days. I got an extra day because of leap year, bonus. Those 499 days have been filled with sleepless nights, sticky fingers, a jillion loads of laundry and endless diapers. We have laughed and we have cried (both of us!) and we've run barefoot in the grass. But being his mama is more than that.

It's listening to his quiet sighs in the dark as he sleeps with his bum in the air.
It's smelling his wispy baby hair, fresh from the bath.
It's seeing the pride in my eyes mirrored in his as he learns something new.
It's knowing he is equal parts me & his daddy. He is ours, and we are his, forever.
It's realizing that my arms were made to hold him.
It's having the privilege of raising him.
It's watching this precious spirit learn and grow, and realizing I am learning and growing right along with him.

The best 499 days of my life; he made me a mama.

3 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet tribute. I can already tell you're such an awesome mama. I'm new here, and already I can tell with sweet mama posts and a trip to Mexico, your blog and I are going to be great friends :) That's why I'm your newest follower!

    Brooke

    liningthecloudswithsilver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely! I've followed you on google
    your blog is lovely by the way,waiting you on my blog xxx

    FashionSpot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I hope your mother's day was absolutely wonderful! Reading this made me so excited to be a mom!

    ReplyDelete

share your lovely thoughts with me!

I love responding to your comments via email. Please make sure your email is linked to your profile (double check! if you have google+ sometimes it does crazy things and unlinks your email!) :)