3.21.2012

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies


I had a craving this week for some oatmeal raisin cookies, which is weird you guys. Weird. So weird, that when I called my mom for the recipe, our conversation went like this:

"hey mama. I'm calling for a recipe."
"Okay, which one?"
"Um... Oatmeal raisin cookies. 
"Are you okay?"

I hate raisins, always have. But for some reason, I really, really want them. And I don't know where it's coming from, because I am 110% positive there is not a tiny person growing in my uterus and demanding raisins. So, go figure. And yes mom, I'm okay.



Photobucket


¾ c butter
 1/c brown sugar
 ½ c white sugar
1 egg ¼ c water
1 t vanilla
3 c oatmeal
1 c flour
1 t salt
sprinkle of cinnamon 
 ½ t baking soda
Raisins, as much or as little as you want

Cream together sugars, butter, egg, and vanilla. Then stir in the remaining ingredients, raisins last. I also added 1/2c shredded carrots (I used the zest-ing side of my cheese grater so it was ultra fine) for a little added vegetable. Feel good about eating your cookies!

Bake at  350* for 12 minutes or until golden brown.

3 comments:

  1. I love oatmeal raisin cookies! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been a fan either but these really do look/sound delicious right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these look amazing!! i have never made oatmeal raisin cookies but they are my favorite. so now i must make them :)

    ReplyDelete

share your lovely thoughts with me!

I love responding to your comments via email. Please make sure your email is linked to your profile (double check! if you have google+ sometimes it does crazy things and unlinks your email!) :)