3.05.2012

how to: use your eyelet punch

Using your eyelet punch is super easy , but I was really nervous the first time I used it. I didn't want to mess up the page I had just worked so hard on! In fact, it's probably too easy to do a tutorial on, but my hope is it will help one of you!

Photobucket
Sew up your quiet book page (right sides together) and turn it back right-side out. Mark on your page where you want the eyelets to go. I measured 2" from top and from the bottom and put a dot with my air-erasable fabric marker.

Photobucket
Snip your fabric where you placed your dot. Be careful not to make it too big, but you need it to be big enough that you can fit the eyelet inside. You can always snip a little more. Stick an eyelet through the hole and make sure it fits snugly.

Photobucket

Position your eyelet punch on the eyelet and clamp down hard. You're bending down the unfinished edge of the eyelet.

Photobucket

And ta-da! You're done. Do this with the second mark on your page, and clip on your book rings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

share your lovely thoughts with me!

I love responding to your comments via email. Please make sure your email is linked to your profile (double check! if you have google+ sometimes it does crazy things and unlinks your email!) :)