3.15.2012

how to: a simple backstitch

backstitch is one of the simplest embroidery stitches there are. yes, you can do it! Here's a really easy tutorial for you to follow. This is what I use when I embroidery the lettering on my quiet book pages.

you need:
needle
thread
scissors
fabric

an embroidery hoop is helpful as well, but I don't usually use one when I do my quiet books.

Begin by bringing your threaded needle up through the fabric.


Photobucket

A short distance away (the shorter the distance between your stitches the more "professional" it will look. Just make sure all your stitches are about the same size for an even and streamlined look), bring your needle down through the fabric behind where your needle originally came up. 

Photobucket

Then bring your needle back up through the fabric again a short distance in front of your last stitch. Repeat.

Photobucket




No comments:

Post a Comment

share your lovely thoughts with me!

I love responding to your comments via email. Please make sure your email is linked to your profile (double check! if you have google+ sometimes it does crazy things and unlinks your email!) :)