2.17.2012

our valentines


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket



a really good day. Started out with a surprise love breakfast for my boys- heart shaped waffles &  heart shaped bacon  & oj. Oh & a handmade card. There was a love themed lunch too, but not pictured. In the evening Trav came home with some almond flour and a silicone baking mat as a valentine's gift. We were going to make macarons, he said. This was terribly romantic because, you see, macarons are my secret obsession. I love them, I love them. It started when we visited Philadelphia  few times over the summer/fall, and we sampled a handful of flavors at a bakery.That's what I love about my valentine. He always remembers things I say I like months afterwards, and tries to make his gifts extra meaningful for me. These were delicious by the way. We still have some perfecting to do, obviously, since they don't look super pretty, but oh my goodness, the taste. Even better the second day. I need more. Too bad they take forever to make!




1 comment:

  1. What a perfect Valentine's Day! :] I love the heart-shaped foods!

    ReplyDelete

share your lovely thoughts with me!

I love responding to your comments via email. Please make sure your email is linked to your profile (double check! if you have google+ sometimes it does crazy things and unlinks your email!) :)