12.01.2011

tea party

over the thanksgiving break, my mother, sister, and I (plus Luke) went to The Talking Teacup, a cute little teahouse down the road. I thought I'd share it with you!
This is something that has been on my list for a few years now- we've been wanting to go here but never took the chance. It was really nice to slowly sip tea and munch on petits fours, although I think my little sister didn't quite enjoy the leisurely pace as much as I did (although, with a rowdy little boy, it wasn't quite as relaxing as I would have liked.
  My sister had the children's tea (came with pb&J and ham and cheese sandwiches, cupcake & cookie) while my mom and I each had a Luncheon tea (although the high tea sounded good too- that had soup as well as petits fours).
I chose a lavender sunset tea with blackberry/strawberry/raspberry leaves, rose hip peels, sunflower buds, and rose flowers. I wanted to try something more exotic, and it was good, but next time I think I'll stick with my old standby, peppermint. The petits fours and sandwiches were delicious though. My favorite was a ham and cheese (melted) with apricot preserves and spicy mustard on a cinnamon bread. yum! anyway, on to the photos:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

share your lovely thoughts with me!

I love responding to your comments via email. Please make sure your email is linked to your profile (double check! if you have google+ sometimes it does crazy things and unlinks your email!) :)