12.21.2011

swedish tea ring

Photobucket
This is one of my favorite desserts. Growing up, I had a friend whose mother was from Sweden, and this recipe is from her. It is my go-to recipe when I need to bring something somewhere and don't have a lot of time. It takes 25 minutes from start to finish and is delicious. And it's so easy, you can't mess it up.*

.
Photobucket

1 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1. stick butter, melted
2 eggs
1 tsp. almond extract
almond slices

preheat oven to 350*. melt the butter on your stove top, then remove from heat. Add flour and sugar, then add eggs & extract and mix together. Pour into a round pan (or if doubling, it will fill a 9x13) and sprinkle with almonds. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden on top. Cool, slice, and eat... preferably with some lovely peppermint tea!

Photobucket

told ya it was easy.

*I lied. There is one way you can mess it up. Once when I was nine,  I didn't remove the butter from the heat and added the eggs right away, and I ended up with...scrambled eggs in butter with almond extract. Not appetizing. Also embarrassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

share your lovely thoughts with me!

I love responding to your comments via email. Please make sure your email is linked to your profile (double check! if you have google+ sometimes it does crazy things and unlinks your email!) :)