12.07.2011

How To: make a no-sew felt bow



Photobucket
I wrapped up some brown paper packages this week. Some of them I tied up with string, a la Maria von Trapp, but then I wanted to jazz it up a bit. I came up with these easy peasy felt bows. I made a bunch during nap time, and you guys, no sewing! And they're resuable!

you need:
felt
scissors
hot glue/glue gun

that's it!

first, cut a long strip of your felt. It doesn't have to be even. 

Photobucket
then, fold in half hot dog style, and snip every 1/4" or so almost to the end. Be careful not to cut all the way through!

Photobucket
after that, put a dab of hot glue on the end of your now snipped strip of felt and begin rolling. It helps to dab some more glue every so often as you roll. 

Photobucket
When you get to the end, glue the end down, and  cut out a small felt circle. Glue that onto the bottom of your bow. Photobucket
Photobucket
You're done! 

Photobucket

You can attach these to presents, or even stick a pin on the bottom and pin them to a cardigan, scarf, purse, belt, etc. And save them, because lady, you can use these next year too!

*hint: if you want larger bows with more fluff, try gluing two or three long strips together before you snip the slits.
OR cut your slits on a diagonal for a bow with a little more sass

2 comments:

  1. Those look so cute on the package! I made one of these for my hair a while back and I love it. I can't wait to make them for Christmas gifts though!

    ReplyDelete

share your lovely thoughts with me!

I love responding to your comments via email. Please make sure your email is linked to your profile (double check! if you have google+ sometimes it does crazy things and unlinks your email!) :)