11.17.2011

blueberry muffins

Photobucket
this is the best blueberry  muffin recipe I have ever tried. And believe me, I've tried a few. I craved them when I was pregnant with my little man. I think it's the coconut that makes it extra delicious. I whipped up a batch this morning and thought I'd share.

Photobucket
3 eggs
1 1/2 c sugar
3/4 c butter
1/4 t salt
2 t. vanilla
2 c. flour
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 c. milk
2 c. blueberries*
1 c. coconut

beat eggs, sugar, butter, then add the remaining ingredients except the coconut and blueberries. Once the mixture is combined, gently fold in the blueberries* and coconut. If you want to make blueberry bread, pour the batter into a bread pan and bake at 350* for 50-60 minutes. If you're making muffins, 20-30 minutes at the same temp.

*tip- to keep the blueberries from sinking to the bottom of the muffins, shake them in a little bit of flour before adding them to the mixture. This helps prevent them from settling in the batter.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

share your lovely thoughts with me!

I love responding to your comments via email. Please make sure your email is linked to your profile (double check! if you have google+ sometimes it does crazy things and unlinks your email!) :)