10.04.2011

Pumpkin Cornbread

Can you tell I'm on a pumpkin kick? My poor family. I made some pumpkin cornbread to go with our baked potato bar last night. It was actually really good- better than I thought it'd be. Here's what I came up with.
 Photobucket

2 c. flour
2 c. cornmeal
2 TB baking powder
2 t salt
1 t cinnamon 
1 t nutmeg (or instead of the above, 2 t pumpkin pie spice) 
1 c. brown sugar 
wisk above together, then add:
2 eggs
1 c veg. oil
2 c. pumpkin (don't use pumpkin pie filling)
2 TB molasses (you could also use honey, but I didn't 'cause, you know, the botulism) 

Grease a 9x13 pan, pour mixture inside and smooth out the top as much as you can (it's thick). Bake at 400*F for about thirty minutes. This recipe would halve really well and fill an 8x8 pan if you're just feeding 2-4 people instead of a small army of men, a sister, and a small boy. Serve warm and drizzle with honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

share your lovely thoughts with me!

I love responding to your comments via email. Please make sure your email is linked to your profile (double check! if you have google+ sometimes it does crazy things and unlinks your email!) :)